23 Mar Covid-19 & WRSA programs and service delivery
To the Wimmera Community Sport & Active Recreation sector and our partners,
Re: Covid-19 & WRSA programs and service delivery
In line with the changing expert medical & health advice, the WRSA has been slowly adjusting and winding back our service delivery, community programs & capacity building activities for the past week. We recognise that as a community sport community and a lead organisation within that we have a role to play to help reduce the transmission and spread of Covid-19.
Considering the most recent developments in relation to Covid-19, we are advising of specific adjustments that we’ve implemented across our suite of programs effective as of 5:00pm March 19 2020. These are:
- All community sport & active recreation programs are cancelled until further notice;
- All group capacity building activities – workshops, training courses etc will be postponed and rescheduled
- All other business & service delivery activities are under constant review and will be adjusted as needed based on the expert medical & health advice.
As a whole community we are working through a very unique and challenging situation, much of what we’re trying to plan for and respond to as a community is uncertain which brings with it a level of anxiety which is understandable. Ultimately we need to be guided by the expert medical & health advice and implement actions for the benefit of our community’s health & wellbeing.
As an organisation, in collaboration with our Regional Sport Victoria colleagues, our two priorities through this period are:
- Supporting the Wimmera Sport & Active Recreation sector to ensure it comes through this period in as strong as a position as possible; and,
- Doing everything we can to encourage Wimmera residents to stay active, wherever possible, which we think is more important than ever.
For each of our programs and business areas, the implications of this are:
SRV Together More Active Program (Club Support)
- Postpone & reschedule all workshops & training programs (RSA courses etc)
- 1:1 club support, wherever possible utilise technology
- All Access for All Abilities programming for People with Disability to be cancelled until further notice
VicHealth Regional Sport Program (Social & Modified Sport Programs)
- All sport & active recreation programs to be cancelled until further notice, including
- Women and Girls’ programming
- Young Peoples programming
- community based programming in partnership with sport clubs
- Karen Community programming
Collectively as a WRSA team we are looking at other options of delivery and are reviewing the situation daily. We will keep our Wimmera Sporting Community as well as our project partners informed as the situation changes.
Please contact our team with any questions that you may have. We hope everyone stays well during this period, and thank you in anticipation of your continued support with our programs and services.